Competition Terms & Conditions
This You’re the Business Competition (the ‘Contest’) is run by Google Ireland Limited whose principal place of business is at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (‘Google’).
To enter this Contest, any participating business (‘Business’ or ‘you’) must read and agree to these terms and conditions (‘Terms’). Business agrees that if a representative of Business (e.g., an employee or director) (a ‘Representative’) clicks the checkbox in the registration form, this will constitute agreement to these Terms. Business will not be eligible to receive a prize in connection with this Contest unless it agrees to these Terms. The person accepting the Terms on behalf of Business warrants that he or she has full power and authority to do so.
- To participate in the Contest and be eligible for entry, the following conditions must be satisfied throughout the duration of the Contest:
Business must be established and have a billing address in the Republic of Ireland.
Business must not be: (i) resident of a US embargoed country, (ii) ordinarily resident in a US embargoed country, or (iii) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programmes from participating in the Contest, or (iv) a wholly or partially state-owned entity or an employee of the government or of a government-controlled entity.
Representatives must be at least 18 and not be employees, officers, or directors of Google, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, or be the immediate family or living in the households of any such persons.
- Business will provide its Representatives with a copy of these Terms. Business will, and will ensure that all Representatives will, comply with all laws, regulations, and their fiduciary obligations applicable to their entry into this Contest, including but not limited to anti-bribery laws.
- Representatives acknowledge that any prizes will be awarded to their Business and not to them individually.
- You may only submit one entry to the Contest.
- All determinations of eligibility will be made at Google’s sole and absolute discretion. Google reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any related dispute at any time. No correspondence will be entered into.
How to Participate:
- You must:
Participants must submit a video entry (max. two minutes long) telling their story of how they’ve utilised or enhanced their digital skills in order to help their business grow or succeed online. Their entry must answer the question: ‘Tell us why you’re the business’. A video must be uploaded to YouTube and the URL shared via the competition entry form on the You’re The Business website (https://yourethebusiness.withgoogle.com).
- All data provided through the registration process must be complete and correct.
- Contest begins at 12:00am GMT on 25th September 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm IST on 31st October 2023 (‘Contest Period’).
Determining the winners
- Winners will be selected by our panel of judges (which will include one independent member, and dependent on receiving a minimum number of entries per county in the Republic of Ireland). The winners will be the persons who the judges determine:
Have shown how their use of digital technology has helped their business grow or succeed.
Have an inspirational story that explains how getting their business online has helped their business grow/succeed which will inspire other businesses to do the same.
- Each of the winners from across Ireland will receive:
A one-to-one consultation with a Google employee based on an audit of their broad business objectives and where they are on their digital journey so far.
Marketing recommendations based on the above consultation, designed to help meet the business’s objectives.
Winners event in the Google headquarters in Dublin – all winning SMEs to attend.
€1,000 Google Ads credit for their business.
- One winner will receive a “video creation kit” containing tools with which to make video content. The precise contents of this kit will be communicated to the winner once they are chosen.
- If you are a winner, you will be responsible for any other expenses and travel costs not expressly set out above, including, but not limited to: any costs associated with obtaining a passport or visa, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, and taxes.
- You must attend a winner’s event in order to claim the prize. Details about the event will be provided after winners are announced.
- All decisions by Google regarding Prize winners are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will be delivered to the winners by September 2024.
Notification of Winners and Winners’ Obligations
- If you are a winner, Google will notify you that you have won a Prize by sending an email to the address you provided on entry to the Contest by by January 2024.
- Google reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to substitute equivalent Prizes of equal or greater value. No cash equivalent of Prizes can be claimed.
- You may be required to submit a declaration of eligibility and/or publicity release in order to receive a Prize.
- Google is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete and illegible entry materials, or for electronic transmission errors, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alterations of entry, technical malfunctions of any kind. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part incomprehensible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error, forged, mechanically reproduced or obtained through fraud or theft.
- Google will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify you if you are a winner. If you decline a Prize, do not respond to the Prize notification within 60 days of the notification being sent, fail to claim the Prize in the manner specified, are unavailable for Prize fulfilment, fail to abide by these Terms or are ineligible, Google may select an alternative winner from all remaining participants.
- The Prize may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. If you are a winner, you will bear all responsibility for use of the Prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by the Prize manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance.
- If you win a Prize, you will be solely responsible for ensuring that you comply with any applicable tax laws and filing requirements.
- Prizes are non-transferrable. You may not sell on or give away a Prize to other persons.
- The Google Ad credit applies to future advertising costs only. It cannot be applied to costs accrued before the promotional offer was applied to your Google Ads account.
- You won’t receive a notification once credit in your Google Ads account is used up and any additional advertising costs will be charged to your form of payment. If you don’t want to continue advertising, you can pause or delete your campaigns at any time.
- Names of winners will be available by sending an email to email@example.com up to one month after the Contest Period.
- Your information may also be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States. Such other countries may not have privacy laws and regulations similar to those of your country of residence.
- You have the right to request access, review, rectification or deletion of any personal data held by Google in connection with the Contest by writing to Google firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Rights
- As between Google and you, you retain ownership of all intellectual property rights (including moral rights) in and to any content submitted by you as part of your entry into the Contest. By submitting an entry into the contest, you grant Google, its subsidiaries, agents and partner companies, an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license for the duration of any intellectual property rights in the entry to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display your entry into the Contest (1) for the purposes of allowing Google and the judges to evaluate the entry for purposes of the Contest and identifying winners to the public, and (2) for marketing purposes.
- You promise that you are entitled to any intellectual property rights in your entry and that you have not copied your entry, in whole or in part, from any other existing work.
- You will not use, incorporate, or combine any of our trademarks (names or logos) into your Contest submission, brand name, product name, business name, trade name, website domain, or slogan.
- You will not imitate Google’s logo or visual identity (distinctive colour combinations, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Google) into your Contest submission, brand name, product name, business name, trade name, website domain, or slogan.
- You will not use the Google logo or any of our brand elements in any way that implies affiliation, endorsement, or sponsorship without permission.
Right To Cancel, Modify, or Disqualify
- If for any reason outside Google’s control, the Contest is not capable of running as planned (which may include tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, printing errors, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest), Google may, at its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- Google may, acting reasonably: (a) disqualify any participant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest, or whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the Contest, and declare void any or all of their entries based on such conduct; or (b) declare void any entries resulting from any errors materially affecting the result of the contest or the number of entrants.
Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer of Warranties
- Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit the liability of Google or its affiliates for:
Death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Google or its affiliates, servants, agents or employees;
Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Subject to clause 9.1, Google shall not be liable under or in connection with this Contest (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for any:
Loss of profit; or
Indirect or consequential losses;
- Subject to clause 9.1(b), and to the extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions or terms, express or implied, relating to the Prize, its use, value or enjoyment, including (without limitation) its satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose, are excluded, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to the Prizes.
- Subject to clauses 9.1 and 9.2 Google's total liability to you under or in connection with this Contest (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited in aggregate to €25,000.
- If any provision(s) of these Terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with Irish law, and you and Google submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts in relation to any dispute (contractual or non-contractual) concerning these Terms.